Tampa, FL E-Bike and E-Scooter Accident Attorney
Call a lawyer dedicated to helping you recover the compensation you deserve
Electric bikes (e-bikes) and electric scooters (e-scooters) have become very popular in recent years, and for good reason. Powered by electric motors, they are a fun way to get around Tampa. They are easy to rent through companies such as HOPR, Bird, Lime, and Spin. But users of e-bikes and e-scooters are vulnerable out on the road.
An accident involving an e-bike or e-scooter can happen in seconds and leave you with serious injuries. Medical expenses for treatment can add up quickly and you may not be able to work. But even if the crash wasn’t your fault, recovering financial compensation can be complicated. At Armando Personal Injury Law, we’re ready to fight for you.
Causes of e-bike and e-scooter accidents
Some common examples of negligent driving behavior that can lead to e-bike and e-scooter crashes include:
- Distracted driving: When drivers are texting, talking on the phone, programming a GPS device, or adjusting dashboard controls, they take their eyes off the road. They may not notice a nearby e-bike or e-scooter until it’s too late to prevent a collision.
- Speeding: Drivers who are traveling above the speed limit may not have enough time to react to e-bikes or e-scooters using the road, increasing the risk of a crash and serious injuries.
- Failure to yield: The operators of e-bikes and e-scooters have the same rights and responsibilities as operators of other vehicles. This includes the right of way at intersections and crosswalks. Drivers who fail to yield to e-bikes or e-scooters may be held liable for any resulting accidents.
- Aggressive driving: Drivers who engage in aggressive behaviors, such as tailgating or cutting off other vehicles, may cause e-bike and e-scooter accidents if they fail to notice or give adequate space to the smaller vehicles.
- Driving under the influence: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol have impaired judgment and reaction times, making it more difficult for them to avoid accidents with e-bikes and e-scooters.
If you were hurt in an e-bike or e-scooter accident caused by a negligent driver, you have the right to seek financial compensation. But negligent drivers often deny doing anything wrong and insurance companies will try to pay you as little as possible. Armando Personal Injury Law can fight for your rights.
What should I do if I’ve been injured in an e-bike or e-scooter accident?
There are steps you can take to protect your health and your right to seek financial compensation:
- Call the police: Or have someone else call. Responding officers will secure the scene, get help for the injured, and complete a Florida Traffic Crash Report. This accident report will contain important information about the accident.
- Get medical attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, you should seek medical attention right away to ensure that you receive proper treatment and to document your injuries.
- Gather evidence: If you are able to do so, take photos of the accident scene from different angles and distances. Ask any witnesses for their contact information.
- Talk to an experienced lawyer: An e-bike and e-scooter accident attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options for recovering compensation, and answer any questions that you have.
How can a e-bike accident lawyer help my case?
A lawyer will be familiar with the laws that apply to your accident, as well as the tactics insurance companies use to try to limit compensation. Here are some of the things an attorney can do:
- Investigate the accident: We have the resources to investigate the crash to determine who was at fault and gather evidence to support your claim. This may include obtaining witness statements, reviewing police reports, and analyzing surveillance footage.
- Assess damages: As your attorney, we can determine the total damages you have suffered in the accident. This can include current and future medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies will usually agree to settlement negotiations when they see that an attorney has built a strong case. We will only agree to a settlement that meets your needs.
- Represent you in court: If the insurance company is not willing to offer a fair settlement, we can help you file a lawsuit and fight for you at trial.
Call today for a free consultation with an e-scooter accident lawyer
Insurance companies have attorneys fighting for their best interests. You need someone who will fight for you. When you choose our law firm, attorney Armando Edmiston will treat your problems like they’re his problems. He will put in the work needed to build a strong case that holds the negligent driver accountable and will work to get the best outcome possible.
If you were hurt in an e-bike or e-scooter accident in Tampa or anywhere in Florida, it’s important to get legal advice as soon as possible. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with an experienced e-bike accident attorney. There’s no cost and no obligation. And if we do represent you in your case, you owe us nothing unless we get results.