If you want answers, get a Tampa nursing home abuse lawyer
Attorney Armando Edmiston will demand justice for you and your family
When you suspect a loved one is being harmed at a care facility, Tampa nursing home abuse lawyer Armando Edmiston can move as quickly as possible to find out what happened and hold the negligent facility accountable. Armando Personal Injury Law has obtained millions for clients in Tampa and all throughout Florida because our clients are family and we consider your problems our problems. Learn how an experienced Tampa nursing home abuse attorney can help you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.
- What are the Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect?
- Investigating Negligent Nursing Homes
- FAQs About Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Making the decision to let someone else care for an older family member or loved one can be challenging, but when a nursing home or assisted living facility violates your trust and the person you care about suffers harm, it’s devastating. Your loved one deserves appropriate care and to be treated with dignity and respect. Sadly, nursing home abuse and neglect is becoming a widespread problem at facilities across the country. This is especially true in Florida, where we have a strong senior population.
If your loved one has suffered harm at a nursing home or assisted living facility, it’s important to move fast and take strong legal action. Stories can change, witnesses can disappear, and evidence can get swept under the rug. Tampa nursing home abuse lawyer Armando Edmiston can help you address these issues immediately by securing evidence, interviewing witnesses, and finding out what really happened to the person you love. Let an experienced attorney get to the bottom of it – and get the justice your family deserves.
What should I do if I suspect nursing home abuse or neglect?
If you think a loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, you should act quickly and:
- Get medical attention for your loved one – Their health and wellbeing is most important, so make sure they get examined by a licensed medical professional right away. They may have a serious and potentially fatal injury or condition. Remember to document any signs of nursing home abuse or neglect with photos.
- Notify administrators – Voice your concerns with the facility’s supervisor or an administrator and document the visit. This is a crucial step, as it will serve as evidence that the facility was made aware of your concerns. Write down the name of the person you speak with, the date and time of the meeting, and what was said.
- File a complaint – You may file a complaint with the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration by filling out a form online or by calling 888-419-3456.
- Contact a nursing home abuse lawyer – An experienced nursing home abuse and neglect attorney can listen to you, help you find answers, hold the responsible facility accountable, and file a lawsuit to get fair compensation for your family’s damages.
How do I report nursing home abuse or neglect in Florida?
Elder abuse is a very serious crime, so you should make a report with authorities immediately. To report nursing home abuse or neglect in Florida, contact the Florida Department of Elder Affairs abuse hotline at 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-962-2873). You should also contact local police to make a report as well.
Once you’ve reported to the appropriate authorities, you should consider contacting Tampa nursing home abuse lawyer Armando Edmiston. Our law firm can help you through the whole process – every step of the way.
Let a Tampa nursing home abuse lawyer help you
When nursing homes and assisted living facilities violate your trust and harm someone you love, your whole family suffers. That’s why you need an experienced and aggressive law firm to fast-track your case and demand justice.
We can hold them accountable. Tampa nursing home abuse attorney Armando Edmiston built his law firm by treating clients like family, so when you need help resolving a case that involves someone you love, your problems become our problems – and we can fix them. Move fast to get answers and protect your family’s rights. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.