Get a Tampa Truck Accident Lawyer and Make It a Fair Fight
Attorney Armando Edmiston isn’t afraid to take on big trucking companies
Fully loaded tractor-trailers and other big commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, stand 13.5 feet tall, and measure in at a length of 70-80 feet – giving them a massive size advantage over the average passenger vehicle. Every year there are thousands of people seriously injured or killed in fatal truck accidents, with occupants of other cars, motorcyclists, pedestrians, and bicyclists making up the large majority of the total deaths. Sadly, many of these accidents are due to the irresponsible actions of a negligent truck driver or a negligent trucking company.
Through caring and compassionate legal representation that’s been proven to get positive results, Armando Personal Injury Law and founding attorney Armando Edmiston proudly stand up for clients in Tampa who have been injured due to trucker or trucking company negligence. Whether you were involved in a terrifying highway accident with a large commercial vehicle or you were hurt in some other type of truck accident, our law firm can fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Why are cases involving truck accidents so complicated?
When you’ve been badly injured or a family member dies in a truck accident, the process of filing a lawsuit can be extremely complex and overwhelming. That’s because liability might fall on multiple different parties, including:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The owner of the truck
- The owner of the trailer
- The company responsible for loading the trailer
- A broker
- The truck manufacturer
- Another driver or party involved in the crash
Even if you do figure out who or what caused your truck accident, you’re still in a tough spot if you try to take on a large trucking company all by yourself. With so much at stake, trucking companies often have teams of attorneys ready to protect their best interests.
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in a crash with an 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer, semi, big rig or another type of commercial vehicle, you can level the playing field against the trucking company by letting an experienced truck accident attorney help you.
Give yourself a fighting chance. Attorney Armando Edmiston has a firm grasp on how to win complicated legal cases. He knows what evidence to look for, how to build a strong case on your behalf, and how to deal with big trucking companies.
What are common truck accident injuries?
If you get in an accident with a big truck, you can sustain serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. Even a minor truck accident can total your car and leave you badly injured, simply because 18-wheelers and semi-trucks are so much bigger than passenger vehicles. Some of the most common truck accident injuries are:
- Head Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries/Concussions
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Loss of Limbs/Amputation
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Internal Organ Damage
- Facial Injuries
- Seatbelt Injuries
No matter what type of injury you sustained in your truck accident, it’s critical that you get the medical attention you need and the financial compensation you deserve. Tampa truck accident lawyer Armando Edmiston will take your case personally and fight to get what you’re entitled to.
Did you lose someone you care about in a fatal truck accident? We understand how hard it can be after the death of a loved one, which is why our law firm can help you pursue a wrongful death claim to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
What should you do after a truck accident?
Getting in a truck accident with an 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer, semi, big rig, or other large commercial vehicle can be a terrifying experience, but one of the most important things you can do after a truck crash is keep calm. After that, you should:
- Call 911 – If you or anyone else has been injured and needs an ambulance, inform the dispatcher right away. If not, calmly tell the dispatcher that you were in a truck accident and give them your location. When police arrive, be truthful about what happened and keep to the facts. Afterwards, you can obtain a copy of the official police accident report on the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website for a fee.
- Get important information – Get the trucker’s name, address, phone number, license information, name and address of their trucking company/employer, and insurance information. If there were other vehicles involved in the crash, get their contact and insurance details as well. Do not argue about fault with anyone or say anything that could be misunderstood as admitting fault, such as “I’m sorry” or “I didn’t see you.”
- Take detailed pictures – You’ll want to be thorough with the pictures that you take so that you can paint a clear picture of the crash scene. Take pictures from different angles, show all damage and visible injuries, capture images of any tire marks, street signs, traffic signals, road hazards, construction, and anything else that might be relevant to your accident.
- Notify your insurance company – Call your car insurance company to report the accident, but don’t get into too many specifics and stick with the facts based on what you know. If an insurance adjuster wants you to give a recorded statement, politely decline and refer them to your attorney. Do not answer any questions from other insurance companies, the trucking company, or any other lawyers. Anything you say could be used against you to challenge or deny your claim.
- Consult with a truck accident lawyer – An experienced truck accident attorney will be able to handle every aspect of your claim, from investigating the trucking company to negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf.
Tampa truck accident lawyer Armando Edmiston can meet with you, answer your questions, discuss your legal options, and help you figure out the best way to recover the highest amount of compensation possible. Act fast to protect your rights. The sooner we can meet with you, the sooner we can get started on your case.
How do you determine liability in a truck accident?
If you were injured in a truck accident that wasn’t your fault, an experienced truck accident lawyer should be able to determine liability by:
- Launching an investigation into your truck accident
- Studying the official police accident report
- Finding and interviewing eyewitnesses
- Examining the 18-wheeler’s “black box” data
- Reviewing the truck driver’s hours of service
- Conducting a comprehensive investigation into the trucking company
- Consulting with truck accident reconstruction experts
Tampa truck accident attorney Armando Edmiston treats every client like a member of the family, which is why he considers your troubles his troubles. That’s why our law firm will leave no stone unturned to prove negligence so that you can get the payout you deserve.
Even the odds with an experienced attorney
Just because your case seems straightforward doesn’t mean you won’t have a hard time trying to get compensation for your accident-related expenses. Often, claims involving commercial vehicles turn into complicated legal battles where you’re automatically at a big disadvantage. Remember, most trucking companies have high-value insurance policies, which is just one reason why they have teams of lawyers dedicated to looking out for their best interests.
Put yourself in a position to win. Attorney Armando Edmiston isn’t afraid to take on big trucking companies and can level the playing field so that you have a fair opportunity to recover appropriate compensation for your damages.
During your free case evaluation, our law firm can listen to what happened, answer your questions, and let you know how we might be able to help with your case. If we take your case and we don’t make a financial recovery on your behalf, you won’t have to pay us anything. That’s because we offer representation on a contingency fee basis. Contact us today to learn more.