Stand up to the insurance company with a Tampa car accident lawyer
Injured crash victims can count on personal injury attorney Armando Edmiston
If you were injured in a crash caused by someone else, get Tampa car accident lawyer Armando Edmiston to be your voice for justice and demand fair compensation for your injuries. Armando Personal Injury Law has recovered millions for clients in Tampa and all throughout Florida by passionately advocating for those who need help advocating for themselves. Find out how an experienced Tampa car accident attorney can help you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.
- Types of Car Accidents
- Causes of Car Accidents
- Car Accident Injuries
- Reading Your Florida Car Accident Report
- Insurance Companies and Car Accidents
- What Should I do After a Car Accident?
- How Can a Tampa Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
- Florida Car Accident Infographic
- FAQs About Car Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
When you’ve been injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, dealing with the insurance company on your own can be overwhelming and quickly turn into a nightmare. Insurance adjusters may try to downplay the severity of your injuries, claim you had a pre-existing condition, or worse yet, attempt to place the blame on you. They do this so they can pay you as little as possible – or in some cases, nothing at all.
Don’t let them take advantage of you. Tampa car accident lawyer Armando Edmiston has the knowledge and experience to guide you through every step of the process and get you real results. Our law firm has handled every type of car accident claim you can imagine, from cases involving rear-end collisions and drunk driving accidents to claims about whiplash and traumatic brain injuries.
Whether it’s through a negotiated settlement or jury verdict, Tampa car accident attorney Armando Edmiston can fight to get you maximum compensation. Our law firm understands how important your case is and what’s at stake, which is why we take it so seriously. We’re in this fight together – and we will do everything possible to get a positive outcome to your case.
I was in a car accident, what should I do?
If you were involved in a car accident you should try to remain calm so you can assess the situation and think about what to do next. If anyone needs emergency medical attention, call 911 right away and tell them you need an ambulance. Otherwise, you should move out of harm’s way by pulling your car off to the side of the road and activating your hazard lights to alert other drivers there’s been an accident. After that, you should:
- Call the police. Tell them you were in a car accident and let them know your location. When police arrive, you should be honest and stick to the facts. You can obtain a copy of the official accident report on the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website for a fee. Police reports are critical pieces of evidence when pursuing a car accident claim.
- Exchange information. Get the name, address, phone number, insurance company name, policy number, and driver’s license information of everyone involved in the crash. Do not argue about the accident or say anything that could be misinterpreted as admitting fault (e.g., “I’m sorry or “I didn’t see you”).
- Take pictures of the crash scene. Take detailed pictures of your car accident from different angles. Be sure to show the damage to all the cars involved, tire marks, street signs, traffic signals, road hazards, construction, and any visible injuries. The more pictures the better.
- Talk to witnesses. If anyone saw how your car accident happened, try to get their name and contact information. A written statement from an eyewitness can be a valuable piece of evidence when trying to prove fault in a car accident claim.
- Write down everything. While it’s all still fresh in your mind, write down everything you can remember in the moments leading up to, during and after your car accident. Include when, where and how the crash occurred, weather conditions, time of day, traffic conditions, and if the other driver said anything to you after the accident worth noting.
- Get checked out by a doctor. You can never be too careful when it comes to your health, so remember to see a licensed medical professional within 24 hours of your car accident from a hospital or urgent care. You may have serious and potentially fatal injuries and not even realize it. Follow doctor’s orders and make sure to attend any follow-up appointments. Keep in mind that according to Florida law, you must seek medical care within 14 days of your accident for PIP claims.
- Notify your car insurance company. Let them know you were in a car accident, but don’t go into too much detail and just stick to the facts. If the insurance adjuster pushes for more information or wants you to give a recorded statement, kindly decline and refer them to your attorney. Do not answer questions from someone else’s insurance company or their lawyer.
- Talk to a car accident lawyer. An experienced car accident lawyer can answer your questions, explain your legal rights, and help you stand up to the insurance company so that you don’t lose out on the compensation you’re entitled to.
How much is my car accident claim worth?
The amount of compensation you get from your car accident claim will depend on the specific details of your case, including the severity of your injuries and the overall impact your accident has had on your lifestyle. If someone else caused you to get injured in a car accident, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- All your accident-related medical expenses, including the cost of long-term care or future care
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services, such as housework and childcare
- Pain and suffering / Punitive damages
A good way to get an idea of what your claim might be worth is to schedule a free case evaluation with Tampa car accident lawyer Armando Edmiston. Armando Personal Injury Law can also help you pursue a wrongful death claim if someone you love was killed in a fatal car accident caused by negligence.
How much does a car accident lawyer cost?
Most car accident lawyers will represent you on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t need any upfront money to hire them and you only have to pay their fees if they make a financial recovery in your case. If the car accident lawyer wins you a financial award, they’ll typically charge you a percentage of your settlement or verdict to pay for their legal fees.
At Armando Personal Injury Law, we represent our clients on a contingency fee basis. For awards up to $1 million, we typically charge 33.3 percent if we make a recovery for you prior to filing a lawsuit and 40 percent if the recovery is made after we file a lawsuit. We charge 30 percent of any award between $1-2 million and 20 percent of any award over $2 million.
Talk to Tampa car accident lawyer Armando Edmiston
After you’ve been injured in a crash that wasn’t your fault, you need someone in your corner to make the process as smooth and painless as possible. Tampa car accident lawyer Armando Edmiston is accessible, efficient, effective, and will keep in contact with you from the start of your case to the finish. Get the law firm that treats its clients like family and see what an experienced Tampa car accident attorney can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.
"I was involved in a car accident in feb 2019 that was not my fault. I was referred to Armando Personal Injury Law. I called and actually was able to speak directly to Armando. He came out to my house since my car was totaled and helped me report the claim and get medical help for my injuries. He made me feel comfortable and was available whenever I needed him. We were able to reach a resolution to my case without having to file a lawsuit! I was very happy with the outcome!"