Let a Tampa, FL Car Accident Lawyer Fight for You
Crash victims can count on Armando Edmiston
When you’ve been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, dealing with the insurance company on your own can be overwhelming and quickly turn into a nightmare. Insurance adjusters may try to downplay the severity of your injuries, claim you had a pre-existing condition, or worse yet, attempt to place the blame on you. They do this so they can pay you as little as possible – or in some cases, nothing at all.
Notable car accident case results
Here are some of the case results involving car accidents that were obtained by Armando Personal Injury Law:
- $500,000 settlement – A left-turn collision caused severe back and neck pain for our client. Despite three years of conservative care, our client needed back surgery. We secured a $500,000 settlement, matching policy limits.
- $300,000 settlement – A rear-end accident resulted in our client suffering a back injury that required surgery. A policy limit settlement of $300,000 was achieved.
- $50,000 Settlement – Secured compensation for a client who needed therapy and injections to treat whiplash after getting rear-ended by another driver.
If you were hurt in a crash due to negligence and want to get fair compensation for your damages, a Tampa, FL car accident lawyer can help you get every dollar that you deserve. At Armando Personal Injury Law, founding attorney Armando Edmiston is proud to serve as a passionate advocate for those who need help advocating for themselves.
- I was in a car accident, what should I do?
- How much is my car accident claim worth?
- What if I was partially at fault for the accident?
- How much does a lawyer cost?
- What should I expect from a lawyer?
- Should I get a lawyer after a car accident?
- How can a lawyer help me?
- What sets Armando Personal Injury Law apart?
Most people don’t ever expect to be involved in a serious crash, but motor vehicle accidents happen every day in Tampa and the surrounding area. Whether you sustained whiplash from a rear-end accident or you were hit by a drunk driver and suffered a serious brain injury, you shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket to get appropriate medical care and treatment if someone else caused your crash.
Our law firm understands how important your case is and what’s at stake, which is why we take your claim seriously right from the start. Tampa car accident attorney Edmiston has extensive knowledge of the car accident laws in Florida and knows what it takes to build a successful case. Be it through a negotiated settlement or by way of a court verdict, we can help you get the compensation that you’re entitled to.
If you were involved in a car accident you should try to remain calm so you can assess the situation and think about what to do next. If anyone needs emergency medical attention, call 911 right away and tell them you need an ambulance. Otherwise, you should move out of harm’s way by pulling your car off to the side of the road and activating your hazard lights to alert other drivers there’s been an accident. After that, you should:
- Call the police. Tell them you were in a car accident and let them know your location. When police arrive, you should be honest and stick to the facts. You can obtain a copy of the official accident report on the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website for a fee. Police reports are critical pieces of evidence when pursuing a car accident claim.
- Exchange information. Get the name, address, phone number, insurance company name, policy number, and driver’s license information of everyone involved in the crash. Do not argue about the accident or say anything that could be misinterpreted as admitting fault (e.g., “I’m sorry or “I didn’t see you”).
- Take pictures of the crash scene. Take detailed pictures of your car accident from different angles. Be sure to show the damage to all the cars involved, tire marks, street signs, traffic signals, road hazards, construction, and any visible injuries. The more pictures the better.
- Talk to witnesses. If anyone saw how your car accident happened, try to get their name and contact information. A written statement from an eyewitness can be a valuable piece of evidence when trying to prove fault in a car accident claim.
- Write down everything. While it’s all still fresh in your mind, write down everything you can remember in the moments leading up to, during and after your car accident. Include when, where and how the crash occurred, weather conditions, time of day, traffic conditions, and if the other driver said anything to you after the accident worth noting.
- Get checked out by a doctor. You can never be too careful when it comes to your health, so remember to see a licensed medical professional within 24 hours of your car accident from a hospital or urgent care. You may have serious and potentially fatal injuries and not even realize it. Follow doctor’s orders and make sure to attend any follow-up appointments. Keep in mind that according to Florida law, you must seek medical care within 14 days of your accident for PIP claims.
- Notify your car insurance company. Let them know you were in a car accident, but don’t go into too much detail and just stick to the facts. If the insurance adjuster pushes for more information or wants you to give a recorded statement, kindly decline and refer them to your attorney. Do not answer questions from someone else’s insurance company or their lawyer.
- Talk to a car accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer can answer your questions, explain your legal rights, and help you stand up to the insurance company so that you don’t lose out on the compensation you’re entitled to.
10 Most Dangerous Intersections In Tampa
- I-275 and North Dale Mabry Highway
- I-4 and I-75 intersection
- I-4/Selmon Expressway Connector
- I-275 and Memorial Highway
- Sheldon Road and Waters Avenue West
- Anderson Road and Waters Avenue West
- Waters Avenue West and Himes Avenue North
- Bruce B. Downs Boulevard and Fletcher Avenue East
- East Hillsborough Avenue and US Route 41
- Florida State Road 574 and North Taliaferro Avenue
The amount of compensation you get from your car accident claim will depend on the specific details of your case, including the severity of your injuries and the overall impact your accident has had on your lifestyle. If someone else caused you to get injured, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- All your accident-related medical expenses, including the cost of long-term care or future care
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services, such as housework and childcare
- Pain and suffering / Punitive damages
A good way to get an idea of what your claim might be worth is to schedule a free case evaluation with Tampa car accident lawyer Armando Edmiston. Armando Personal Injury Law can also help you pursue a wrongful death claim if someone you love was killed in a fatal wreck caused by negligence.
As of March 24, 2023, Florida uses the modified comparative negligence rule with a 50 percent bar. That means that if you were more than 50 percent at fault for the accident, you cannot recover damages at all. If you were partially at fault but less than 50 percent, you can recover, but your damages will be reduced by your percentage of fault. That’s one reason why you need an experienced attorney who can protect your rights and advocate for your interests during the determination of fault.
Most car accident lawyers will represent you on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t need any upfront money to hire them and you only have to pay their fees if they make a financial recovery in your case. If the lawyer wins you a financial award, they’ll typically charge you a percentage of your settlement or verdict to pay for their legal fees.
At Armando Personal Injury Law, we represent our clients on a contingency fee basis. For awards up to $1 million, we typically charge 33.3 percent if we make a recovery for you prior to filing a lawsuit and 40 percent if the recovery is made after we file a lawsuit. We charge 30 percent of any award between $1-2 million and 20 percent of any award over $2 million.
Experienced attorneys who regularly handle car accident injury claims or lawsuits know that every accident is different. You can’t simply take a one-size-fits-all approach. Lawyers need to dig deeper to find out why a collision happened and what legal options are available in your particular case.
This means you can expect your car accident attorney to:
- Meet with you to learn more about your accident.
- Listen to you explain in your own words what happened.
- Explain the different legal options available.
- Conduct an in-depth investigation.
- Keep you informed about the progress of your case.
If an attorney tries to tell you what to do without knowing anything about your case, talk to another lawyer. Your best interests should always come first after your motor vehicle accident. Experienced Tampa car accident lawyers know this and never take anything for granted.
Yes. Car accident claims or lawsuits can be very complicated legal matters, and you only have one opportunity to obtain all the money you need for a lifetime’s worth of expenses.
Insurance companies – especially the one representing the at-fault driver – know what’s at stake. They know that your settlement or lawsuit could easily be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more. That’s why they do everything they can to reduce or deny your injury claim.
When you have an experienced car accident lawyer handling your case, insurance companies take notice. Instead of making a lowball settlement offer or downplaying the severity of your injury, insurance companies are more willing to negotiate a fair settlement offer when you have an experienced attorney. They’d rather negotiate with your lawyer than deal with them in court in response to a car accident lawsuit.
If you have been involved in an auto accident caused by another driver in Tampa, having an experienced attorney on your side can make a big difference in the outcome of your case. Your lawyer can:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation.
- Deal directly with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Get a copy of your official Florida accident report and review it with you.
- Review any settlement offer you receive and help you decide if you should take it.
- Negotiate a better settlement offer on your behalf.
- File a car accident lawsuit on your behalf in Hillsborough County or wherever you decide to take legal action.
- Represent you in all court proceedings related to your car accident lawsuit.
It’s normal to feel confused and have a lot of questions after you’ve been injured in an auto accident. One way to make the process of recovering compensation for your damages less stressful is to seek legal help.
We believe our Tampa car accident lawyers are the right choice for three reasons:
- Years of experience handling complicated car accident claims in Tampa and throughout Hillsborough County.
- In-depth understanding of how the legal system works here.
- Strong work ethic focused on building successful legal cases.
People trust us to handle their most important legal needs after a serious accident. We routinely receive positive reviews and testimonials from people we help after they get hurt in a car accident. We take great pride in what people say about us because our clients are more than just customers.
Get the law firm that treats its clients like family and see what an experienced attorney can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation with a Tampa car accident lawyer who puts your best interests first.
"If you are ever in a car accident contact Armando Injury Law. They are very attentive to your needs and make sure you have the absolute best care. His office is always willing to help you with any questions you may have and take care of everything for you. You don’t have to worry about a thing. He was recommended to us by a friend, and I couldn’t be any happier with the results."