Let a rideshare accident lawyer in Tampa handle your Lyft or Uber claim
Car accident attorney Armando Edmiston can get you the compensation you deserve
Ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft have become increasingly popular in recent years, especially in busy cities like Tampa, Florida. Unfortunately, rideshare accidents are just as common as many other car accidents. The difference is, claims involving these types of car accidents are often much more complicated, for a lot of different reasons. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced lawyer on your side to help you navigate your way through the confusing claims process.
If you were injured in a rideshare crash, you can count on Tampa attorney Armando Edmiston to fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve. Armando Personal Injury Law has secured millions for clients in Tampa and all over Florida. We thoroughly understand the rules and regulations governing these types of accidents. We know what evidence to look for as part of our investigation. Most importantly, we are fully committed to building the strongest possible legal case for you.
What are common causes of rideshare accidents?
Accidents involving Lyft or Uber drivers cover a wide range. Some of the most common causes of rideshare crashes include:
- Distracted driving, including:
- Texting while driving (even though it’s against the law in Florida)
- Looking up directions while driving
- Looking at a ridesharing app while driving
- Talking on the phone while driving
- Eating while driving
- Speeding, especially involving drivers driving too fast in between customers
- Falling asleep at the wheel, especially since many rideshare drivers work long hours
Is this what happened to you? Or are you dealing with a different type of crash caused by an Uber or Lyft driver? Whatever type of accident you’re dealing with, you can count on our Tampa legal team to fight for your rights.
Who is responsible for my injuries after a rideshare accident?
The laws governing rideshare accidents impact who’s responsible for your crash-related damages. What the Lyft or Uber driver was doing at the time of your accident is also critical when determining liability. Those who may be held legally responsible for your accident-related expenses include:
- The rideshare driver who caused your car accident
- The rideshare company
- The rideshare driver’s insurance company
- The insurance company representing the rideshare company
Often, the key issue is whether the Lyft or Uber driver was on duty at the time of your accident. In the eyes of the law, a rideshare driver is on duty if they are engaged in any of the following activities:
- Driving with a passenger in the vehicle
- Driving with the ridesharing app on
- Checking the ridesharing app
- Driving to pick up a rideshare passenger
- Looking up directions for a ridesharing trip
How much is my Lyft or Uber accident claim worth?
There is no set dollar amount when it comes to compensation for claims involving Uber or Lyft because every accident is different. Some claims may be worth thousands. Others may be worth millions. It really all depends on the specific details of your crash.
The bottom line is you should be financially compensated for all your crash-related expenses. These expenses can include:
- Medical bills, including the cost of future care
- Car repairs or replacement costs
- Lost income during your recovery
- Lost future income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering, in certain circumstances
You shouldn’t have to pay for a Lyft or Uber driver’s reckless behavior. Get the money you deserve. Let an experienced rideshare accident attorney aggressively advocate for your best interests.
Why should I hire an attorney?
You should consider hiring an attorney to handle your rideshare accident claim if:
- The rideshare driver denies doing anything wrong.
- The rideshare driver claims you caused the accident.
- The rideshare driver’s insurance company denies your claim.
- The rideshare company denies responsibility.
Experienced attorneys know how to handle all these problems and can negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Most agree to cooperate once they realize they’re up against a knowledgeable lawyer. If the insurance company refuses to cooperate, your attorney can help you file a lawsuit and demand the compensation you deserve.
Put your trust in a lawyer who puts your needs first
After you’re involved in a rideshare accident, you’re up against the clock. That’s because in Florida, you only have four years from the date of your crash to file a lawsuit or take other legal action against the at-fault party. This deadline is known as the statute of limitations. If you miss it, you could miss out on your opportunity to obtain compensation. Discover what an experienced car accident attorney in Tampa can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation with Armando Personal Injury Law. We make your problems our problems.