When you get rear-ended, get a Tampa car accident lawyer
Personal injury attorney Armando Edmiston knows what it takes to win
If you get rear-ended and injured, let Tampa car accident lawyer Armando Edmiston help you maximize the value of your claim. Armando Personal Injury Law has recovered millions for clients in Tampa and throughout Florida. Learn how an experienced Tampa car accident attorney can help you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.
Getting rear-ended by another driver can definitely take you by surprise, and it can also leave you badly injured. A rear-end collision is one of the most common types of car accidents that you can have and causes thousands of people to get injured every year. Unfortunately, that doesn’t make dealing with the insurance company any easier when it comes time to discuss compensation.
Don’t let the insurance company push you around. Tampa car accident lawyer Armando Edmiston knows how to handle insurance adjusters and will aggressively advocate for your best interests. Whether it’s through a cash settlement or a jury verdict, we will put in the work to get you the payout you deserve.
I got rear-ended. What should I do now?
If you get rear-ended by another driver, you should try to remain calm and assess the situation. If it’s safe to do so, move your car out of the road so that you can avoid another collision and you don’t hinder the flow of traffic. Activate your hazard lights to alert other drivers there’s been a crash and check to see if anyone has been injured. After that, you should:
- Call police to tell them you’ve been rear-ended. If anyone needs immediate medical attention, ask them to send an ambulance. When police arrive, tell them what happened by sticking to the facts. You’ll be able to get a copy of the official accident report on the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website for a fee.
- Get the other driver’s information. Take down their name, address, phone number, license and registration numbers, insurance company name, and policy number. Do not argue about who was at fault or say anything that could be misunderstood as admitting fault.
- Take pictures. Show a detailed overview of the crash scene, all the damage to every vehicle involved, skid marks, traffic signals, street signs, road construction and anything else that might be relevant to the accident. If you have visible injuries, be sure to document those with photos as well.
- See a doctor right away. Whether you sustained a back injury, neck injury, whiplash, a concussion or a traumatic brain injury, it’s critical to get checked out by a medical professional either at a hospital or urgent care facility within 24 hours of your crash, even if you aren’t experiencing any symptoms. Document your visit with the doctor and be sure to attend all follow-up appointments. Remember, Florida law requires you to seek medical care within 14 days of your accident for PIP claims.
- Notify your insurance company. Let them know you were in a car accident but stick to the basic facts and don’t go into too much detail. If they ask you to give a recorded statement, kindly decline and refer them to your attorney. Do not talk to someone else’s insurance company, lawyer or investigator.
Once you’ve taken these steps, contact our law firm for a free case evaluation. Tampa car accident attorney Armando Edmiston can meet with you, listen to what happened, discuss your legal options, and help you figure out what to do next.
Let a Tampa car accident lawyer get you full compensation
Cases involving drivers who get rear-ended and injured may seem straightforward, but the insurance company might still give you problems as you try to recover compensation for your damages. They may question the extent of your injuries or argue that you should be able to work. Worse yet, they may try to pin the blame on you.
Don’t let them give you a hard time. Tampa car accident attorney Armando Edmiston can handle every aspect of your claim and fight to get you the payout you need and deserve.
Best of all, you don’t have to pay us anything unless we win. That’s because we represent our clients on a contingency fee basis. See what Armando Personal Injury Law can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.