Give Your Loved One a Voice with a Tampa Assisted Living Abuse Lawyer
At Armando Personal Injury Law, we consider your problems our problems
A lot of families in Tampa and throughout Florida put their trust in assisted living facilities to care for their loved ones, but when that trust is broken, the end result can be devastating. If your loved one was injured or harmed at an assisted living facility, contact Armando Personal Injury Law right away. Tampa assisted living abuse and neglect lawyer Armando Edmiston can help you find answers, take action, and deliver justice.
When someone you love is injured in a preventable accident or intentionally harmed due to abuse or neglect at an assisted living facility, it’s critical that you take swift action to protect their health and well-being – and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. Recognizing the signs of abuse or neglect at an assisted living facility can sometimes be difficult, which is why you should always trust your instincts if you suspect something is wrong.
Attorney Armando Edmiston and his dedicated legal team are passionate advocates who have an impressive track record of successfully handling cases involving abuse and neglect. That’s because when you put your trust in our law firm to help you, we consider your problems our problems and fight for you the same way we would fight for any other member of our family.
Should I call an assisted living abuse and neglect attorney?
Cases involving abuse and neglect at nursing homes and assisted living facilities can be extremely complex for many different reasons. Look for signs of assisted living abuse and neglect. You should strongly consider calling an assisted living abuse and neglect attorney if:
- Your loved one was injured in an accident at an assisted living facility.
- You suspect your loved one is being intentionally harmed, abused, or neglected at an assisted living facility.
- Your loved one has developed a serious medical condition at an assisted living facility, such as bedsores or sepsis.
- Your loved one is missing money or has other problems with their finances.
- Your loved one died at an assisted living facility and you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
If you suspect your loved one is the victim of assisted living abuse or neglect, you need to act fast. Often, accidents, injuries and incidents involving abuse or neglect at assisted living facilities don’t get reported accurately – or in many cases, reported at all.
The assisted living facility might deny doing anything wrong, or they may try to sweep evidence of abuse or neglect under the rug. That’s why you need a proven and dedicated assisted living abuse and neglect lawyer on your side who can uncover the truth, hold them accountable, and demand justice.
What to do if you suspect assisted living abuse or neglect
If you believe your loved one is the victim of assisted living abuse or neglect, you should:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your loved one – Nothing is more important than your loved one’s health and well-being, which is why you should make sure they get examined by a doctor as soon as possible. Injuries from falls, including head injuries, hip injuries and broken bones, as well as serious medical conditions, such as bedsores or sepsis, need to be treated right away and properly documented.
- Make a report with administration – Talk to the assisted living facility’s supervisor and voice your concerns. Take notes and document what they say, as this will prove that you made the facility aware of your concerns. Remember to write down the name of the person you speak to, along with the date and time of your meeting.
- Make a report with the state – You can report assisted living abuse or neglect to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration online or by calling their hotline at 888-419-3456.
- Call an assisted living abuse and neglect lawyer – An attorney can review the details of your case, review any records such as incident reports or a death certificate if your loved one died, answer your questions, discuss your legal options, and help you figure out the best way to move forward. You may be able to sue the negligent assisted living facility and hold them accountable by filing a civil lawsuit.
Let an experienced assisted living abuse lawyer fight for you
Maybe your loved one had a fall at an assisted living facility and suffered a serious injury, such as a broken hip. It could be that your loved one has developed a serious medical condition, such as bedsores or sepsis, due to neglect. Or you may suspect your loved one is being financially exploited by someone at an assisted living facility. No matter what the circumstances of your case are, call Armando Personal Injury Law right away.
Attorney Armando Edmiston and his dedicated legal team can help you find answers and demand justice for your loved one. Learn more about your legal options. Contact us today for a free and confidential case evaluation.