Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawsuits in Florida
The abundant sunshine and mild climate in Tampa make this area of Florida a hotspot for riding a motorcycle. Unfortunately motorcyclists are involved in a lot of accidents simply because other drivers fail to look for, respect, and share the roadways with motorcyclists. Dangerous driving conditions and poor weather can make things even more treacherous for motorcyclists, and accidents are bound to happen. Motorcycles do not have the same safety features, roll cages, and airbags that other vehicles have; so motorcyclists bear the brunt of the impact in motorcycle accidents.
That is why motorcycle accident injuries are usually so severe. While injuries from motorcycle accidents can be terrible and severe, motorcyclists involved in high speed collisions are lucky to walk away with their lives at all.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists can suffer serious injuries specifically when they are involved in an accident with another vehicle like a car, truck, bus, or train. This is largely because motorcyclists are significantly less protected from collisions with other vehicles than drivers and passengers in cars or trucks. There is little between a motorcyclist and the asphalt or another vehicle if there is a collision, and motorcyclists do not have any sort of significant safety restraints or other means to protect them during an accident. Even Kevlar lined motorcycle gear and top of the line motorcycle helmets cannot protect a driver when the impact reaches a certain threshold.
Motorcycle accident injuries can run the gamut from minor to catastrophic. Some of the most common injuries experienced by motorcyclists include, but are not limited to:
- Road rash injuries. Impact with the asphalt can result in serious abrasions that can even be disfiguring.
- Broken and fractured bones. Broken or fractured bones are very common in motorcycle accidents.
- Head injuries. Motorcyclists often experience open and closed head injuries since you are not required to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle in Florida.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries are very typical when a motorcyclist strikes their head during an accident.
- Other impact injuries. Bruising, contusions, internal bleeding, sprains and strains are all common in a motorcycle accident. This is especially true when the rider is thrown from the motorcycle.
- Death. Some motorcycle accidents result in fatal injuries and ultimately death.
Typical Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are countless causes for motorcycle accidents, but some of the most commonly cited causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Other drivers failing to check for motorcycles.
- Distracted drivers (e.g., drivers who are texting or talking on the phone while driving).
- Other drivers failing to abide by traffic signs and lights.
- Other drivers cutting off or turning into motorcycles.
- Improperly maintained roadways or roadways covered with debris.
Motorcycle accident victims need a dedicated and skilled lawyer to help them recover damages for the injuries that they have suffered. Medical expenses and long-term care can be expensive after a motorcycle accident, even if the victim has health insurance. When your injuries are caused by the negligence of another, you may be entitled to financial compensation from those who are liable.
Call a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Tampa, Florida
When you or a loved one is involved in a motorcycle accident in Tampa, it is critical that you get in touch with an attorney experienced with this type of case as soon as possible to help preserve and fight for your rights. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Armando Personal Injury Law Firm have assisted numerous clients seeking justice and financial compensation after an injury. Call us today at (813) 906-1151 to schedule a free case review or contact us online to set up an appointment with our firm.
Need help? get in touch