Get a Tampa Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer to Fight for You
Attorney Armando Edmiston knows how to handle premises liability claims
Cases involving swimming pool accidents fall under the legal category of premises liability and are common in warm weather states, such as Florida. Public and private swimming pools pose many risks, but they can be even more dangerous when you add in negligence. Sadly, children often make up the majority of victims injured or killed in preventable swimming pool accidents. In fact, drownings have been found to be the leading cause of unintentional death for children ages 1-4.
Common swimming pool accident injuries include:
- Slip and fall injuries due to slick, wet surfaces
- Head injuries and spinal cord damage from diving accidents
- Ladder injuries
- Ingestion of large quantities of pool water during non-fatal drowning accidents
- Inhalation of pool water during non-fatal drowning accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Fractured and broken bones
- Bacterial infections
- Wrongful death due to a fatal drowning accident
No matter what type of injury you’re dealing with, it’s important to remember that you have rights. You may be able to recover compensation for your accident-related expenses by filing a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. Unfortunately, the insurance company may not offer appropriate compensation for you damages. They may even deny your claim outright. If that happens, you should consider exploring your legal options by contacting a lawyer.
Attorney Armando Edmiston, founder of Armando Personal Injury Law in Tampa, is an experienced swimming pool accident lawyer who knows what it takes to build a successful claim. Whether it’s through a settlement or a court verdict, our law firm can work to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
How do swimming pool accidents happen?
If someone else’s negligence contributed to or caused your swimming pool accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
Common forms of negligence involved in swimming pool accidents include:
- Poorly maintained pool grounds (e.g. slick surfaces around the pool, slick tiles in the pool, broken handrails)
- Inadequate pool barriers, fencing or pool covers
- Negligent supervision (e.g., lack of an on-duty, qualified lifeguard at a public pool)
- Improperly secured pool cover
- Defective life vest or flotation device
- Pool filters and/or suction drains that are too powerful
- Dangerous and exposed pool drains (e.g., drains without proper covers so that hair, swimsuits, jewelry, etc., can get caught in the drain).
- Pump malfunctions
- Defects in a pool’s design, construction or operation
Let a swimming pool accident attorney help you
If you or a loved one was injured in a swimming pool accident, you may have a hard time recovering the financial compensation you need and deserve. Let our law firm fight for you. Attorney Armando Edmiston knows what evidence to look for and can serve as an aggressive advocate for your best interests.
Located in Tampa and serving clients throughout Florida, Armando Personal Injury Law offers legal representation to clients on a contingency fee basis. Put differently, there are no fees unless we win your case. To learn more, schedule a free case evaluation by contacting us today.