Tampa Slip and Fall Lawyer
Attorney Armando Edmiston can protect your rights and get you results
Every year, millions of people are seriously injured and hospitalized due to injuries sustained in preventable slip and fall accidents. Whether you are young, old, or somewhere in between – a hard fall can result in serious and potentially debilitating injuries that change your life forever.
Categorized under the legal umbrella of premises liability, slip and fall accidents can result in a wide range of painful injuries with varying degrees of symptoms, including but not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injuries/concussions/head injuries
- Hip fractures
- Back injuries/spinal cord damage
- Neck injuries
- Fractured or broken bones (e.g., broken arm, broken leg, broken ankle)
- Hand/wrist/finger injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
If you were injured in a slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to recover financial compensation for your damages by filing a claim. Unfortunately, the process isn’t always as easy as it should be. The insurance company for the property owner or business may question the severity of your injuries, make you a lowball settlement offer, or deny your claim altogether. That’s when hiring an attorney to step in and advocate for you might be in your best interests.
Attorney Armando Edmiston, founder of Armando Personal Injury Law in Tampa, is an experienced slip and fall lawyer who knows what it takes to get you appropriate compensation for your damages. Whether it’s through a negotiated settlement or by way of a favorable court verdict, our law firm can work to get the best possible outcome in your case.
How do slip and fall accidents happen?
Slip and falls often happen due to poor property maintenance and unmarked hazards. Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Unsafe stairs or steps
- Ripped carpeting or loose rugs
- Unmarked wet floors due to leaks, spills, mopping, waxing
- Cluttered walkways and aisles
- Slippery sidewalks
- Uneven flooring or mats
- Poorly lit parking garages
A slip and fall accident can occur anywhere at any time, but in order to have a successful claim, you will need to prove that the property owner or an employee contributed to or failed to address the hazard that resulted in your fall and injury. This can be tricky, as the most common defense for slip and fall claims is placing some or all of the blame for the accident on the victim.
What should I do if I slip and fall on someone else’s property?
If you’re injured in a hard fall at a business or on somebody else’s property, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights and keep your legal options open. You should:
- Call 911 – If you’ve been injured, seek immediate medical attention from a licensed medical professional right away. Even if you don’t feel injured, you should still get checked out as soon as possible. You may be injured and not even realize it – and you can never be too careful when it comes to your health.
- Take pictures – No matter who or what caused your accident, be sure to take detailed pictures to show how your slip and fall accident occurred. Be sure to include pictures from different angles to paint a clear picture of the accident. Remember to take pictures of any of your visible injuries as well.
- Get the contact info for any eyewitnesses – Take down the name and phone number of any eyewitnesses or employees who saw your slip and fall accident. Their testimony could play a huge role in the outcome of your claim.
- Make an incident report – Notify the business owner or property manager of any slip and fall accident that results in injury. Once an incident report is filled out for your accident, don’t forget to get a copy of the report for your records. These reports sometimes contain important information about your accident that may be helpful to your case.
- Contact a lawyer – A slip and fall attorney can review the details of your case and give you advice on the best way to proceed with your claim. A lawyer should be able to help you get appropriate medical care, calculate the true cost of your damages, deal with the insurance company, and work to get you the compensation you’re entitled to.
How much is my slip and fall claim worth?
Every case is different, but if you were injured in a hard fall on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services
- Pain and suffering/punitive damages
- Property damage
Put your trust in an experienced slip and fall attorney
At Armando Personal Injury Law, our clients are family. That means we look at your problems like they’re our problems and will be there for you when you need us the most. To find out how we can help you, contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation. Our office is located in Tampa and we offer legal representation to our clients on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing unless we win.