When you Go Down, Get a Tampa Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Attorney Armando Edmiston can protect your rights and get you results
If you fell hard and got injured on someone else’s property, Tampa slip and fall accident lawyer Armando Edmiston can help you get the compensation you’re entitled to. Armando Personal Injury Law has obtained millions for clients in Tampa and all over Florida. Learn what an experienced Tampa slip and fall accident attorney can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.
Every year, millions of people are seriously injured and hospitalized due to injuries sustained in preventable slip and fall accidents. Whether you are young, old, or somewhere in between – a hard fall can result in serious and potentially fatal injuries that change your life forever.
Categorized under the legal umbrella of premises liability, slip and fall accidents can result in a wide range of painful injuries with varying degrees of symptoms, including but not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injuries/concussions/head injuries
- Hip fractures
- Back injuries/spinal cord damage
- Neck injuries
- Fractured or broken bones (e.g., broken arm, broken leg, broken ankle)
- Hand/wrist/finger injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
No matter what type of injury you’re dealing with, if you were hurt in a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property due to negligence, you may be entitled to a significant financial recovery.
Some of the most common forms of negligence that result in slip and fall accidents include:
- Unsafe stairs/steps
- Ripped carpeting/loose rugs
- Unmarked wet floors due to leaks, spills, mopping, waxing
- Cluttered walkways/aisles
- Slippery sidewalks
- Uneven flooring/mats
- Poorly lit parking garages
A slip and fall accident can occur anywhere at any time, but in order to have a successful claim, you will need to prove that the property owner or an employee contributed to or failed to address the hazard that resulted in your fall and injury.
This can be tricky, as the most common defense for slip and fall claims is placing some or all of the blame for the accident on the victim. That’s why you need an experienced slip and fall accident attorney on your side who knows what evidence to look for and how to build a strong case on your behalf that gets real results.
What should I do if I trip, slip or fall on someone else’s property?
If you’re injured in a hard fall at a business or on somebody else’s property, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights and keep your legal options open. You should:
- Call 911 – If you’ve been injured, seek immediate medical attention from a licensed medical professional right away. Even if you don’t feel injured, you should still get checked out as soon as possible. You may be injured and not even realize it – and you can never be too careful when it comes to your health.
- Take pictures – No matter who or what caused your accident, be sure to take detailed pictures to show how your slip and fall accident occurred. Be sure to include pictures from different angles to paint a clear picture of the accident. Remember to take pictures of any of your visible injuries as well.
- Get the contact info for any eyewitnesses – Take down the name and phone number of any eyewitnesses or employees who saw your slip and fall accident. Their testimony could play a huge role in the outcome of your claim.
- Make an incident report – Notify the business owner or property manager of any slip and fall accident that results in injury. Once an incident report is filled out for your accident, don’t forget to get a copy of the report for your records. These reports sometimes contain important information about your accident that may be helpful to your case.
- Contact our law firm – Tampa slip and fall accident lawyer Armando Edmiston can handle every aspect of your claim and will leave no stone unturned to help you get the highest amount of compensation possible. Contact us today for a free consultation.
How much is my slip and fall claim worth?
Every case is different, but if you were injured in a hard fall on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services
- Pain and suffering/punitive damages
- Property damage
An effective way to see if you have a case and how much it might be worth is to schedule a free consultation with our law firm. Tampa slip and fall accident attorney Armando Edmiston can meet with you, listen to what happened, explain your legal options, answer your questions, and help you figure out what steps to take next.
Put your trust in a Tampa slip and fall accident attorney
At Armando Personal Injury Law, our clients are family. That means we look at your problems like they’re our problems and will be there for you when you need us the most. It also means we’ll put in the extra effort to get you the compensation you’re entitled to – whether it’s through a negotiated settlement or from a jury verdict.
Best of all, you pay nothing unless we win. That’s because we represent our clients on a contingency fee basis. It’s that easy. Find out how an experienced Tampa slip and fall accident lawyer can help you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.