Tampa Product Liability Lawyer
Our law firm helps clients injured by defective products
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a defective product, an experienced product liability attorney may be able to hold the at-fault manufacturer accountable and recover compensation for your damages.
Generally speaking, any product that is sold to someone can be the subject of a product liability lawsuit. Responsibility for the defect in a product can fall on multiple different parties, including:
- The manufacturer of the product
- The manufacturer of the component pieces/parts of the product
- The party that installs or assembles the product before being sold
- The wholesaler that sold the defective product to the customer
- The retail store that sold the defective product to the customer
In cases where strict liability is concerned, the product must be purchased in the regular course of business through a supplier. For example, if a defective product was purchased at a garage sale, it wouldn’t qualify for a product liability claim.
Our Tampa law firm helps with product liability cases involving:
- Burn injuries from defective products
- Defective children’s products
- Defective car parts
- Defective household products
- Dangerous drugs
Maybe you were injured in a car accident due to a defective car part or airbag. It could be that your child was harmed by a dangerous toy that didn’t come with an appropriate warning label or instructions. You may have even suffered harm due to a defective medical device or dangerous drug.
What should I do if I’m hurt by a defective product?
If you sustain an injury due to a defective product, you should:
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Take detailed pictures of your injury.
- Keep track of all your medical records and bills.
- Document missed time from work and lost wages due to the injury.
- Save any correspondence related to your injury and the defective product.
- Note any pain, discomfort, or symptoms you experience because of your injury.
After that, you should consider letting a personal injury attorney review the details of your case during a free consultation. A lawyer can meet with you, discuss your legal options, answer your questions, and help you figure out the best way to move forward.
What is “failure to warn”?
Product manufacturers are required to warn consumers of any potential dangers associated with that product. Even when the product isn’t defective, if there isn’t a warning label or clear instructions for use to alert consumers of potential hazards, then you may be able to pursue compensation for damages against the at-fault party through a product liability lawsuit.
How do you prove fault in a product liability claim?
To have a successful product liability claim, you will need to prove that:
- You were using the product as intended.
- The product was defective.
- You suffered an injury due to the product’s defect.
- The injury resulted in documented physical or financial harm.
Product liability cases can be complex, which is why you should consider seeking out the help of an experienced personal injury attorney.
Can your law firm help me with a Takata Airbag Lawsuit?
If you or a loved one sustained an injury due to a defective Takata airbag, our law firm can help you file a lawsuit. Takata airbags were recalled because they were causing serious and sometimes fatal injuries due to metal shrapnel exploding out of the airbags when the airbags were deployed. Included in the recall were certain vehicles made by Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Audi, BMW, Subaru, GM, and Ford. You can check to see if your vehicle has any official safety issues or recalls by entering your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the NHTSA website.
Common injuries associated with defective Takata airbags include:
- Blindness/Eye injuries
- Fractured and broken bones
- Lacerations to the face and other body parts
- Wrongful death
Take firm action with an experienced product liability attorney
Attorney Armando Edmiston knows what it takes to build a successful product liability claim and will put in the extra effort to get you the highest amount of compensation possible for your specific case. Serving clients in Tampa and all of Florida, our law firm offers legal representation on a contingency fee basis. In other words, you don’t have to pay us anything unless we win your case. To learn more, contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.