Let a Tampa Amusement Park Accident Lawyer Help When You’re Injured
Personal injury attorney Armando Edmiston can handle complex cases
If you’ve been injured at a Florida theme park, Tampa amusement park accident lawyer Armando Edmiston can help you maximize the value of your claim so that you can get the compensation you deserve. Armando Personal Injury Law has recovered millions for clients in Tampa and all throughout Florida. See what an experienced Tampa amusement park accident attorney can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.
The Sunshine State isn’t just a nice place to enjoy the warm weather and spend time on sandy beaches. Each year, millions of families travel to Florida to visit popular theme parks and create lasting memories with their loved ones. With so many amusement parks to visit and so many people flocking to the same parks, accidents are inevitable. Sadly, a lot of amusement park accidents can be traced back to the negligence of others.
Some of the most popular amusement parks in Florida and the Tampa area include:
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Walt Disney World
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Magic Kingdom
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Discovery Cove
- Space Mountain
- Adventure Island
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort
- Universal Studios
- Grand Prix Tampa
Whether you were injured at a popular amusement park or at a local zoo, water park, fair or carnival, it’s important to remember that theme parks have an obligation to properly operate, maintain, and inspect their rides. Theme parks also need to provide adequate training to ride operators and other employees, address any unsafe conditions on the premises, and follow other safety standards for amusement park rides, as detailed under Florida law.
Can you sue an amusement park?
If you or a loved one sustained an injury or suffered harm at an amusement park, you may be able to file a claim for your damages against the at-fault party. Common causes of amusement park accidents include:
- Inadequate ride maintenance
- Ride operator error
- Mechanical ride defects
- Unqualified/poorly trained employees
- Poorly maintained park grounds (e.g., slippery surfaces, obstructed walkways, broken doors/gates/locks, other hazards)
- Insufficient lighting and/or security
Whether you were injured on a dangerous ride or you had a slip and fall accident that could have been prevented if not for the negligent actions of someone else, it’s critical that you act fast to protect your rights and keep your legal options open. Depending on the specific details of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress/mental anguish
- Property damage
A good way to see if you have a case and how much your claim might be worth is to schedule a free consultation with our law firm. Tampa amusement park accident lawyer Armando Edmiston can meet with you, listen to the details of your case, talk about your legal options, answer questions, and help you figure out the best way to move forward.
What should I do if I get hurt at an amusement park?
If you or someone you care about sustains an injury at an amusement park or any other type of theme park, seek immediate medical attention. Even if you don’t feel like you’re seriously injured, you should still get checked out by a medical professional right away to make sure your adrenaline isn’t masking any serious symptoms. After that, you should:
- Ask to have an incident report created – Most large amusement parks have policies and procedures in place for documenting any park accidents. If management creates an incident report, don’t forget to get a copy for your records. This can be an important piece of evidence.
- Take pictures – If you are able to, take detailed pictures of the accident location and the dangerous condition that resulted in you getting injured. Be sure to document any of your visible injuries with photos as well.
- Get contact info from witnesses – Take down the name, title, and contact information of any employees or park managers that were involved in or witnessed your amusement park accident. They may be able to provide testimony to help build your case. If anyone else witnessed your accident and is willing to give you their information, ask for their name, address, and contact information as well.
- Ask about surveillance video – In today’s age of technology, security cameras are everywhere – especially at large amusement parks where there are thousands upon thousands of people all gathering at once in the same location. After your accident, ask park staff and/or management if they can preserve any available and relevant video evidence.
- Call Armando Personal Injury Law – Tampa amusement park accident lawyer Armando Edmiston has the knowledge and experience to handle every aspect of your claim and get you real results.
Don’t back down – get a Tampa amusement park accident lawyer
Once you or a loved one has been injured at a Florida theme park, you’re at a severe disadvantage. That’s because depending on who’s at fault, claims involving amusement park accidents can include multiple different companies – all with teams of attorneys looking to reduce their company’s liability and crush your claim.
Don’t play games with your future. Tampa amusement park accident lawyer Armando Edmiston isn’t afraid to go toe-to-toe with large corporations and will fight tooth and nail to get you the highest amount of compensation possible. Remember, our clients are family and we treat your problems like they’re our problems.
Best of all, you pay nothing unless we win. That’s because we represent our clients on a contingency fee basis. It’s that easy. Learn what an experienced Tampa amusement park accident attorney can do for you. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.