Investigating Nursing Homes
Tampa attorney Armando Edmiston builds strong cases that get results
If your loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home, you want justice. Proving abuse or neglect can be complicated. Nursing homes have lawyers looking out for their best interests. That’s why you need an experienced nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer who will fight for your loved one’s rights.
At Armando Personal Injury Law, we know that strong cases are built on facts. That’s why we investigate your loved one’s situation to find out what really happened. Our legal team knows where to look for evidence and identify negligent parties. This helps us take legal action to protect the rights of your loved one.
Our legal team can:
- Review medical records: Nursing homes must document all medical treatment received by residents, as well as the medication they receive. We can review these records closely and consult with medical experts to determine if there were any discrepancies or anything unusual.
- Review hiring and supervision records: A nursing home may have been negligent if they knowingly hired staff members with a history of abuse or neglect of residents. Or, staff members may not have received proper training, allowing neglect to continue.
- Review financial records: One form of nursing home abuse is financial exploitation. We can check financial records to determine if your loved one was overcharged, double-billed or charged for services that were never rendered. We can also determine if staff members stole financial data from your loved one.
- Interview witnesses: This can be challenging. Nursing home residents who witnessed abuse or neglect may have memory or communication problems. Staff members may be reluctant to talk about what they saw. We know how to obtain credible witness testimony that can be used in your case.
- Consult experts: We often consult medical experts and other professionals who can tell us if proper procedures were followed, or if there were certain actions that nursing home staff members should have taken.
Our first concern is the health and safety of your loved one. We can take action to ensure that your loved one’s health needs are being met and that your loved one is protected from abuse. We can also advise you on whether moving your loved one to a new nursing home facility is in a good option.
Contact us today for a free case evaluation in Tampa
Then we can take legal action against the nursing home and other negligent parties to recover compensation for your family. This includes compensation for current and future medical expenses related to your loved one’s injuries. It also includes compensation for other damages, such as pain and suffering.
If you suspect a loved one may have been abused or neglected in a nursing home facility, it’s important to get legal advice as soon as possible. Over time, evidence can be lost or destroyed, and the memories of witnesses can fade. Attorney Armando Edmiston can assess your loved one’s situation and offer his advice.
Nursing home abuse and neglect is a violation of your loved one’s rights and a violation of your trust. Take the first step toward getting justice. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced nursing home abuse and neglect attorney.