FAQs: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question? Find answers to frequently asked questions, or click on a topic below to jump to FAQs on that subject.



What are your legal fees and fee structure?

WE work on a contingency fee only! Which means we only get paid if we recover money in your case. So you do not need any money up front to hire us.

Do you charge a fee for a consultation regarding my car accident case?

NO we give a no obligation free consultation

Do you charge a fee for a consultation regarding my slip and fall accident?

NO we give a no obligation free consultation

Do you charge a fee for a consultation regarding nursing home abuse for my father or mother?

NO we offer a free no obligation consultation

What percentage of settlements and verdict awards do you take?

We charge 33 1/3% of what is recovered prior to filing a lawsuit and 40% after a law suit is filed up to 1 million dollars plus 30% of any recovery between 1-2Million plus 20% of any recovery in excess of 2 million

What is a contingency fee and how is it calculated?

Contingency fee means that our fees are contingent upon a recovery. If there is a recovery, then we reduce the money recovered by the applicable percent which is typically 33 1/3% prior to filing a law suit and 40% after we file a law suit.

If the defendant doesn’t pay do they get penalized with interest?

Typically, the Defendant in our cases is an insurance company and according to Florida Statute 627.4265 they have 30 days from writing confirmation of settling the case to issue payment. If payment is not received, we can collect a 12% rate from the date of settlement through delivery of the check.

Do you accept legal insurance?

No we do not accept legal insurance but if your injured we work on a contingency fee basis so you do not need any money up front to hire us.

How much will I have to pay out of pocket for representation?

ZEERO you pay nothing out of pocket we only make money for fees and costs if we make a recovery for you


What is the best way to contact my attorney?

The best way to contact me as your attorney is via text or call to my cell. I give all my clients my cell phone number to be used in case of emergency. Also, you can call the office at 813-482-0355 and they will put you through to my cell.

How can I contact after hours in an emergency?

On my cell phone if you are a current client or call the office after hours at 813-482-0355.

What if my attorney does not answer my calls?

Leave a voice message as we return all phone call usually within 30 min but never later than 24 hours.

Do you make house calls or hospital visits to see clients?

Yes, I visit clients at home, work or any place that is convenient. I have no problem coming to your hospital room or nursing home room for a consultation.


If I am in a car accident in Florida, why is my car insurance PIP responsible for paying my medical bills instead of the at fault driver?

Florida is a no-fault state that requires everyone who owns a vehicle to get PIP or personal injury protection benefits. This means Florida does not care who is at fault for the accident your own car insurance policy is responsible for up to the first $10,000 of medical bills then the at fault party will be responsible for anything above and beyond.

Will my car insurance go up for using my PIP insurance after a car accident that was not my fault?

No your Florida car insurance rate should not go up for only using your PIP benefits pursuant to Florida Statute 626.9541. (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0600-0699/0626/Sections/0626.9541.html)

Will I lose my social security benefits if I make a recovery for a car accident claim?

No your social security benefits are protected

What do I do if I believe my car insurance rates were wrongly increased because of a PIP claim?

You should contact your insurance company and ask them to put in writing the reasons why they increased your premiums. If it was because of the PIP claim, then contact the Florida Department of Insurance regulation consumer helpline at:

Email Address: Consumer.Services@myfloridacfo.com.
Statewide Toll-Free: 1-877-MY-FL-CFO (1-877-693-5236)
TDD Line: 1-800-640-0886.
Out of State Callers: (850) 413-3089

What do clients like most about working with your firm?

That we are efficient, effective and make the process easy.

What is the statute of limitations for PI claims in Florida?

Statute of limitations is the time frame you must make a claim, if you miss the statue of limitations you have no case.

The statute of limitations for car accidents is 4 years.

Fla Stat. 95.11(3). (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0000-0099/0095/Sections/0095.11.html). The statute of limitations for slip and fall accidents is 4 years from the date of accident

The statute of limitations for Nursing home abuse is typically 2 years but can be up to 4 if there was fraud or concealment. Fla. 429.296. (http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0400-0499/0429/Sections/0429.296.html)

What is the statute of limitations for PI claims in Florida?

Yes if there is insurance that covers the incident because typically we are going after the insurance company not the actual person.

What if my attorney does not answer my calls?

You should put your request to speak with the attorney in writing so that you can show your efforts to communicate with your lawyer. If that does not work call another lawyer to represent you.

What is your success rate with personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits?

We have an estimated 95% recovery rate in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.

Why should I hire you instead of another attorney?

If you want to have access to your lawyer to answer your questions and you want someone who will communicate with you throughout the whole process all while pursuing the maximum amount possible under your particular circumstances, then you want us to represent you.

How long does it take to file a lawsuit?

We can file a lawsuit within 3 days if we have all the necessary information.

Can I file a lawsuit seeking damages on behalf of my deceased spouse, child, or other family member?

Yes you can file a lawsuit seeking damages on behalf of a deceased spouse, child or other family member on behalf of the estate as long as you’re the personal representative.

Do you accept referrals for from other attorneys or offer a referral fee?

Yes we accept referrals from other lawyers and attorneys and offer a 25% referral fee that comes from the attorneys part not the clients.


Is your law firm hiring attorneys, legal assistants, or paralegals?

We are always looking for well qualified, motivated individuals to work in our Tampa office and Lakeland office.

Do you have any summer intern or legal intern positions open?

Yes we offer summer internships for an opportunity for students to work closely on legal projects as well as marketing projects.

What is it like to work at your firm?

We have a fast paced, relax atmosphere where we require 110% every day in the pursuit of justice for our clients. We believe in family and if you work with us that is exactly how you will be treated.